Our STCW Personal Survival Techniques course, accredited by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), has been designed to give students an understanding of the hazards associated with working at sea and the use of equipment required in an emergency.
The aim of the course is to give seafarers the essential education and training in Personal Survival Techniques, meeting the knowledge, understanding and proficiency in accordance with MNTB guidelines.
- Maritime emergencies
- Survival equipment and its use
- Training and drills
- Abandon ship procedures and actions to be taken
- Practical element
By the end of this module each student will be able to demonstrate:
- Understand the main types of maritime emergencies
- Recognise survival equipment used during a maritime emergency
- Understand the principles of survival
- Abandon ship procedures
- Survival techniques whilst in water
- How to use survival craft during a maritime emergency